If you’ve been looking for a way to spice up your meals, then you might want to consider using cannabis infused cooking oil. Cannaoil is a versatile ingredient to take your morning eggs, salad dressings, and baked goods to the next level. Making cannabis infused cooking oil might seem intimidating, but it’s actually much easier than you might think!
How to choose the right oil
Choosing the oil you want to use is really based on personal preference. Some people prefer avocado oil because of its many health benefits. Avocado oil has been shown to reduce cholesterol and improve heart health. Others choose olive oil because of its rich flavor and versatility. Or maybe you love making Asian inspired dishes? Then sesame oil would be perfect! If you’re going to use your oil to do a lot of baking, then keep that in mind when selecting in oil. Vegetable or canola oil are the most popular oils when making sweet treats.
How To Make Cannabis Infused Cooking Oil
To make cannabis infused cooking oil, you’ll need a few ingredients and materials:
- 1 cup cooking oil of your choice! Avocado, olive, peanut, sesame.. whatever you want!
- 1 cup of ground cannabis of your choice
- Cheesecloth or strainer
- Double-boiler, slow cooker, or saucepan.
- The first step is to grind the cannabis. Be careful not to grind it up too small, because the tiny pieces have the risk of seeping through the strainer during the final steps of this process.
- In a double boiler, slow cooker, or saucepan, combine the oil and cannabis on a low flame. This process allows process of decarboxylation, which will activate the THC. You should choose if you want to use a double boiler, saucepan, or crock pot.
- Strain the oil through your cheesecloth or strainer. Be careful when doing this, as your oil will be hot. Do not squeeze the cheesecloth, as this will add chlorophyll from the cannabis flower into your oil. The cannabis is useless after this process, so it can be discarded.
- Store your cannabis infused cooking oil for up to two months, or longer in the refrigerator.
How to use cannabis infused cooking oil
Now that you’ve made your own cannabis infused cooking oil, you might be wondering what to use it with? The answer is simple – anything! Whatever you usually use regular oil with, you can substitute with cannabis infused oil. It’s excellent to use when making your own salad dressing, baked goods, or stir-fry! Since there is no way of knowing the exact dose, you might want to start out with a 1:1 ratio of cannabis oil to regular oil, and see how the high effects you. From there, you can increase the dosage the next time you cook.