There are a lot of things to know about cannabis before you can call yourself a canna-sseur. We have put together a list of 7 commonly asked cannabis questions and answers to better inform you of our favorite plant.
1. What is cannabis?
- Cannabis is derived from the cannabis plant, cannabis sativa. It grows wild in many of the tropical and temperate areas of the world. It can be grown in almost any climate. It is becoming increasingly popular to cultivate indoors as well.
2. Why does it get you high?
- The main active ingredient in cannabis is called delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol, commonly known as THC. This is the part of the plant that gives the “high.”
3. How is cannabis used?
- Cannabis is used in three main forms: marijuana, hashish and hash oil. Marijuana is made from dried flowers and leaves of the cannabis plant. It is the least potent of all the cannabis products and is usually smoked. Hashish is made from the resin (a secreted gum) of the cannabis plant. It is dried and pressed into small blocks and smoked. It can also be added to food and eaten. Hash oil, the most potent cannabis product, is a thick oil obtained from hashish. It is most commonly used by vaping or dabbing.
4. What is hashish?
- Hashish is a cannabinoid, like marijuana. It consists of the THC-rich resinous material of the cannabis plant, which is collected, dried, and then compressed into a variety of forms, such as balls, cakes, or cookie-like sheets.
5. What is hash oil?
- Hash oil (also known as BHO, nectar, wax, full melt, honey, “dabs”, or “budder”‘) is a form of cannabis. It is a resinous matrix of cannabinoids obtained from the Cannabis plant by solvent extraction, formed into a hardened or viscous mass.
6. What is BHO?
- BHO is also known as Butane Honey or Hashish Oil and is a potent form of hash oil. It is manufactured by extracting the active ingredient, THC, through the use of butane.
7. What is the difference between hemp and marijuana?
- Hemp and marijuana both come from the same species of plant—cannabis. However, hemp is generally harvested from a subspecies of the Cannabis genus, which, unlike marijuana, has virtually no psychoactive properties. Hemp varieties are grown for their seed, oil, and fiber, whereas marijuana is grown for medicinal, recreational, and spiritual purposes. Alot of CBD products are hemp derived because of the fact that it does not contain any component that can make the user ‘high’.
We hope this article answered some of your cannabis questions! If you are in LA and looking to purchase marijuana flower, CBD, edibles, or concentrates for delivery, register with Kushfly here. Check out our DEALS! And ask us about how you can get FREE delivery!